It’s “Our Time”! We couldn’t be more excited about “Opening Doors” to Cahn Auditorium and presenting one of Stephen Sondheim’s most beloved and semi-autobiographical shows in January of 2022.
Based on George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart’s 1934 play of the same name, and originally produced on Broadway in 1981, “Merrily We Roll Along” follows the lives of wealthy, jaded composer, Franklin Shepard, and his two estranged friends through each milestone of their personal and professional lives.
We chose Merrily for this year’s Dolphin Show because, at its core, it reminds us to cherish the relationships we are forging as college students, and to hold onto this unique form of love and support for the rest of our lives. We’re excited to put the focus in our process on fostering those connections and asking how we can show up for each other in ways that the characters in Merrily often fail to do. From increasing accessibility and diversity to incorporating audience immersion into the characters’ grandeur, the 79th Annual Dolphin Show will be nothing like you have ever seen before!
Thank you for purchasing tickets to Merrily We Roll Along and for your support of The 79th Annual Dolphin Show! We are so excited to be bringing The Dolphin Show BACK to Cahn Auditorium this January. Please make sure to read all of the following before purchasing your ticket(s) and keep an eye out on our social media pages (Facebook and Instagram) for holiday, New Year, and Student discounts.
Attendance at Merrily We Roll Along requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours (two days) of your chosen performance. All patrons must be masked throughout the entire show.
- Northwestern students must present their Wildcard.
- Fully vaccinated patrons (non-Northwestern students) must present proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (vaccine card).
- Unvaccinated patrons (non-Northwestern students) must present proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours (two days) of your chosen performance.
- All Patrons (18 years of age and older), regardless of affiliation to Northwestern University, can receive a COVID-19 test at the Northwestern University Jacobs Center (2001 Sheridan Road) from 9 AM - 4 PM Monday-Friday. This page includes more information on testing at the Jacobs Center.
Ticketing Guidelines and Discounts:
- Please note that the ticket prices on the right of your screen vary based on demographic and proximity to the stage (which you can view after clicking “select seats”). To view the full range of prices available for your demographic, please be sure to hover over all available sections on our seating chart.
- Northwestern Students: We are offering free student tickets during Week 2 of Winter Quarter, so we encourage you to reserve your seats then. Please check our social media pages at the beginning of January for more information!
- If you are interested in bringing a group to the Dolphin Show or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
- Both the two rows closest to the stage and the row closest to the auditorium door are reserved for accessible seating.
- Please note that the two rows closest to the stage have seats that can be folded to the side for wheelchair access, and the row closest to the auditorium door does not require patrons to use stairs.
- Patrons in the accessible seating areas are welcome to also reserve a second seat in the same row for a guest to join them.
- If you have any questions regarding accessible seating, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
*The Norris Box Office will be closed starting Monday, December 20, 2021 - Monday, January 3, 2022 for winter recess. We will respond to any inquiries upon our return. Thank you.