GENERAL PARKING AND BUS INFORMATION
Registrants for one or more 9-week Continuing Education courses may request a parking permit at no additional cost for the north half of the University’s Ryan Field West Parking Lot D, located off Ashland Avenue just west of the stadium. Enter West Lot D at the north end of Ashland Avenue near the intersection with Isabella Street. This permit is not valid for any other University lot.
• Shuttle buses run from Ryan Field’s West Lot D (parking lot) to Norris University Center every 15 minutes from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.
• The “Early Bird Lunch Bus” departs the parking lot at 11:15 a.m. for afternoon students planning to eat lunch on campus before class.
• Buses for afternoon classes leave the parking lot every 15 minutes from
11:15 a.m. until 12:45 p.m.
• Buses will load passengers to return from Norris to the parking lot in approximately 15 minute intervals, beginning at the course breaks (approx. 10:30am and 1:30pm) until 15 minutes after class ends.
• Your “D” parking permit, if requested, will be mailed with your registration card, and must be hung from the rearview mirror with the printed side visible through the windshield. We strongly encourage carpools.
Students attending per diem do not receive a parking permit and may not park in Ryan West Lot D. However, per diem students may ride the shuttle buses if they arrive at the lot by other means.
To receive a parking permit good for the course term, you must request one by selecting it on this page and proceeding through the checkout process, either when you register online, or in person at the Norris Center Desk. The parking permit will be mailed with your class entry card before classes begin if you register by December 1st. For those registering after December 1st, class entry cards and parking permits will be held for pick up at the proctor table on the first day of class.
ALTERNATIVE AND HANDICAP PARKING
• There is an Evanston city public parking garage four blocks southwest of Norris Center, just east of Chicago Avenue. It can be accessed from Clark Street or Church Street. (Church runs eastbound only.)
• Students with handicap license plates or placards are encouraged to park at Ryan Field West Lot D and take an Alumnae bus with a handicap lift, which delivers students to the door of Norris Center. A limited number of handicap spaces are available in the parking lot northeast of the McCormick Tribune Center. To reach this lot, enter the south campus on Campus Drive, go to the first stop sign, and turn left into the lot. In addition, there are more handicap spaces on the upper level, eastern end of the two-tier parking lot just north of the visitors’ center. A visitor’s parking pass is not required to park in a handicap-designated space if your vehicle has a valid government handicap license plate or placard.